Monday 11 April 2011

A house is a house Altered art class

Here is a picture of a project we made in Fridays class. The class was called a house is a house. This little house started as a plain wood blank. Firstly we painted the house with White Acrylic paint and then gave it a distressed look with some gold rub and buff. Then using Gel medium we cut and stuck some designer paper in the back of each compartment.For the gable we punched the designer paper with a Martha Stewert edge punch and then added it to the house with Glossy accents. The verse in the bottom centre reads "A house is a house, a family make it a home" I have added some pictures of my boys when they were small. I have 2 more photos to add of my husband and I together to finish it off. The clock and bookplate embellishments are from the Tim holtz range. The bird on the front had been die cut with the Sizzix die that is called Caged bird and is also from Tim Holtz. I cut it from White chipboard and then used Distress inks to colour, then I took a clock stamp from Paper Artsy and stamped the clocks over the top. I thought this was a good way of representing that "Time flys"

Here is a Close up of the Bird. I have also edged him with Gold rub and buff. Hope you are all having a good day

Maria

1 comment:

Diane.W. said...

Hi Maria,
You have made theouse look gorgeous.
I have just bought the same one from my local craft shop & some Echo Park papers to decorate it with :o) x